Sharing new authors, books, movies, and products with you is such a joy! If you are looking for homeschooling reviews from a transparent relaxed learning eclectic lifestyle with two active middle school boys - - you may enjoy my main blog - http://pebblekeeper.wordpress.com .

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Scent of Cherry Blossoms, Book Review

From the Publisher: Annie Martin loves the Plain ways of her Old Order Mennonite people, like those revered by her beloved grandfather. Retreating from a contentious relationship with her mother, Annie goes to live with her Daadi Moses in Apple Ridge.

But as spring moves into Pennsylvania and Annie spends time amongst the cherry trees with the handsome Aden Zook, she wishes she could forget how deeply the lines between the Old Order Amish and Old Order Mennonite are drawn.

Can Annie and Aden find a place for their love to bloom in the midst of the brewing storm? To Read More Go Here>>

From Pebblekeeper:  This was a pretty quick read for me.  The book, a hard cover with a beautiful jacket came from Blogging for Books for free for my review. My first impression was how beautiful it was and how good it felt in the hand. This would make a beautiful gift this spring for Easter, Mother’s Day or a Summer Birthday for a friend. It is a quick Novella – one quickly meets the characters – and can jump into their lives. For me personally, I am a bit tired of the “forbidden” love stories, where one member has to turn on everything they’ve ever known, be separated from blood family – just to pursue a ‘true love’. I would pray that my boys will never have to choose between our family and a girl. I enjoy Cindy Woodsmall as a writer and encourager and do enjoy her stories. I look forward to the next one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment