Sharing new authors, books, movies, and products with you is such a joy! If you are looking for homeschooling reviews from a transparent relaxed learning eclectic lifestyle with two active middle school boys - - you may enjoy my main blog - http://pebblekeeper.wordpress.com .

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Covenant Child–Terri Blackstock, a Review

 

Amanda’s heart broke as she watched them drive her beloved twins away. She resolved to hope . . . and to fight for them to her last breath.

Kara and Lizzie are heiresses to one of the largest fortunes in the country. But when their father dies suddenly, the toddlers are ripped from the arms of Amanda, their loving stepmother, and given to their maternal grandparents, who only want the children’s fortune for themselves.

While even the stipend their guardians get for supporting them is squandered, the children are left to raise themselves. Kara and Lizzie grow up believing they are worthless . . . until the day when they learn the truth.

I really enjoyed this book – I was pulled in by the other reviews – and then hooked on the first page. It is one of those books that I read while stirring pasta, at red lights, and put off laundry to get through. A very quick one day read.  I loved hearing the story  of Amanda meeting the girl’s father. Of their sweet short lived childhood, and of their separation. After falling in love with the characters, it was painful to read of their growing up years. Seeing the choices the girls made, and what they went through – how they would choose harm instead of safety. But as this is a story about covenant, I can see their path in my life so many times, when I’ve chosen the easy, what seemed easy to me, instead of what I thought was hard, just to find out my own perception was wrong, This is an inspiring story to the last page. It is raw. These girls go down some dark paths on their way to redemption and trust and forgiveness. It would depend on the teen  - and their path – if I would recommend it to an older teen. I think it will tug at any heart who has spent their young twenties running from the Lord – or running from a loving family – It’s a great story – all the way around. Well Done Terri!

No comments:

Post a Comment