Sharing new authors, books, movies, and products with you is such a joy! If you are looking for homeschooling reviews from a transparent relaxed learning eclectic lifestyle with two active middle school boys - - you may enjoy my main blog - http://pebblekeeper.wordpress.com .

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Healing is a Choice, Steve Arterburn

Healing Is a Choice10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You From Making Them

By Steve Arterburn
Published by Thomas Nelson

My copy of this book is dog eared and over highlighted, I’ve been reading it for a couple of weeks. When I first started, it was as a followup to another Stephen Arterburn book, The Encounter, and I wasn’t sure that the book would apply to me. However, I think that this book would be great for anyone – whether you think you are hurting or not!  He gives ten decisions that will transform your life, and then shares the 10 myths that counter those choices. What I think you will find, as I did, is that you think you might “be over” an event, but what you’ve actually done is live in the zone of the myth, and then let time slip by. I recommend this book highly for anyone, but especially if you, or a friend close to you, is in the midst of hurt and pain. This book will remain on my reading table, as a reference and source of direction.  Thank you Stephen!

Get a copy today at Thomas Nelson HERE!

 

Book Description

Do you want to get well?

The power to heal—physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually—is in God's hands. But the choice to be healed is ours. Everyone, at some level, needs healing. In this book, Stephen Arterburn outlines ten choices crucial to receiving healing and ten lies that can prevent us from making them. Readers will find the wholeness God desires for them in a practical and prayerful way through this book.

Now including the full workbook, this combined release emphasizes the fact that we must choose to let the hurt go and let the healing begin.

The book asks the participant, "Do you want to be healed?" If the answer is yes, then ten choices are provided to make the path toward healing a restorative experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment